distcc

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Tue Sep 25 13:17:33 PDT 2007

On Sep 25, 2007, at 3:28 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Sep 14, 2007, at 05:32, Michael Thon wrote:
>> Is there any to perform distributed compiling with macports?
>
> I think the answer is "no" though I didn't quite understand the
> question.

You can probably use distcc by setting the CC environment variable
and the extra_env macports.conf key to make macports not sanitize CC.

Of course, not all ports are going to use what is set in CC as the
compiler (and some ports may override it), and some ports probably
won't work with distcc (especially as the maintainer probably hasn't
tested that build configuration).

You're welcome to try, though (and if you find problems and think of
a fix, I'm sure we'd be interested in incorporating it into macports).

--
Daniel J. Luke