emacs variant?

Alejandro Aragon alejandro.aragon at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 13:01:35 PDT 2008

Hi everyone,

I looked at the emacs variants and there are just too many, so instead
of installing and testing each one of those, I thought that it was
better to ask because some of you have probably done that. So from the
list

aaragon@~/Workspace/mVAC/src$port variants emacs
emacs has the variants:
	universal
	darwin_7
	darwin_9
	x11: Builds emacs as a X11 program with Lucid widgets
	motif: Builds emacs as an X11 program with Motif widgets
	gtk: Builds emacs as an X11 program with GTK+2 widgets
	carbon: Adds a Mac (Carbon) version of Emacs
	atsui: Adds a Mac (Carbon) version of Emacs that uses the ATSUI
protocol

What should I get installed? I'm on v10.5.2. Thank you all,

aa