layout file for .tex files

Charlse Darwin macports.users at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 08:37:45 PDT 2008

On Apr 4, 2008, at 11:22 AM, Bob Lounsbury wrote:
On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 9:01 AM, Charlse Darwin
<macports.users at gmail.com> wrote:
>  $ port installed | grep texlive
>   texlive_base @2007_1 (active)
>   texlive_texmf-minimal @2007_0 (active)
>

>  $ which latex
>  no latex in /opt/local/share /Users/pm/WebKit/WebKitTools/Scripts
> /usr/local/bin /Users/pm/Documents/scripts/ /opt/local/bin /opt/
> local/sbin
> /usr/bin /usr/sbin /bin /sbin /Users/pm/WebKit/WebKitTools/Scripts
> /usr/local/bin /Users/pm/Documents/scripts/ /opt/local/bin /opt/
> local/sbin
> /usr/bin /usr/sbin /bin /sbin /bin /sbin /usr/bin /usr/sbin
>
>  Since I think his TeX distribution is fine.
>
>  /Bob

Strange. All I can say is you have the 'base' and the 'texmf-minimal'
texlive packages installed and this does not seem to be a complete TeX
distribution install.

We've been Cc:ing, jmr at macports.org. Do they not have a recommendation
of what macport packages are necessary for a complete TeX installation
of texlive?

$ port info lyx | grep Dep
Library Dependencies: qt4-mac, texlive, ImageMagick, python25

I will forward a copy to macports' list.

Either consider installing 'texlive' and/or 'texlive_texmf-full' from
macports or whatever is recommended by the macport maintainers or
install MacTeX as Bennett suggested.

/Bob