MacPorts missing Directories

Sam Cook killingorbit at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 20:48:59 PDT 2008

Hi Ryan--

Thanks for your response. It seems this was pretty much a non-issue. I
was worried about the missing directories since the uninstall
instructions said to remove them.

After the first failed attempt at installing MacPorts, I uninstalled
according to the guide, and then tried again. I was looking for /etc/
X11/xinit/xinitrc since it is mentioned in the guide in section 2.1.1
of http://guide.macports.org/. I guess the default location for this
file changed in Leopard.

In any case, things seem to be working great now. Thanks for your
help. Thanks also to Rainer and William; apparently my replies didn't
get posted to the whole group.

Cheers,

Sam