how can I return a port to its original state?

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Tue Apr 8 09:17:25 PDT 2008

Alejandro Aragon wrote:
> The output is
>
> DEBUG: Synchronizing ports tree(s)
> Synchronizing local ports tree from rsync://rsync.macports.org/release/
> ports/
> DEBUG: /usr/bin/rsync -rtzv --delete-after rsync://rsync.macports.org/
> release/ports/ /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/
> release/ports
> rsync: failed to connect to rsync.macports.org: Operation timed out (60)
> rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at /SourceCache/rsync/
> rsync-31/rsync/clientserver.c(94)
> DEBUG: Synchronization the local ports tree failed doing rsync
>      while executing
> "mportsync"
> port sync failed: Synchronization the local ports tree failed doing
> rsync

Is there any firewall blocking access to rsync.macports.org on port
873/tcp? rsync works fine for me, so this is not a server issue.

For the time being, just download [1] and put it into the doxygen
directory (see 'port dir doxygen') to get back the original doxygen
Portfile.

Rainer

[1]
http://svn.macosforge.org/repository/macports/trunk/dports/textproc/doxygen/Portfile