MacPorts & perl path

Stephan Jaeger alterego at stephanjaeger.eu
Tue Apr 8 14:53:06 PDT 2008

Hiya,

I just installed  via macports the ports apache2, mysql5, php5 and
perl5.8.8 on my computer.
The reason for doing so is to set up a local development server for my
MovableType development.

When I run a check (mt-check.cgi) in order to see which perl modules I
have to install, the module DBD::mysql is listed as "not installed",
although I installed it explicitly.

The above mentioned check lists the Perl include path:
plugins/WXRImporter/lib
plugins/WidgetManager/lib
plugins/Textile/lib
plugins/StyleCatcher/lib
plugins/spamlookup/lib
plugins/SimplyThreaded/lib
plugins/PhotoGallery/lib
plugins/MultiBlog/lib
plugins/FireEagle/lib
plugins/feeds-app-lite/lib
plugins/ActionStreams/lib
/opt/local/www/www.stephanjaeger.eu/cgi-bin/mt/addons/Commercial.pack/lib
/opt/local/www/www.stephanjaeger.eu/cgi-bin/mt/extlib
/opt/local/www/www.stephanjaeger.eu/cgi-bin/mt/extlib
/opt/local/www/www.stephanjaeger.eu/cgi-bin/mt/lib
/System/Library/Perl/5.8.8/darwin-thread-multi-2level
/System/Library/Perl/5.8.8
/Library/Perl/5.8.8/darwin-thread-multi-2level
/Library/Perl/5.8.8
/Library/Perl
/Network/Library/Perl/5.8.8/darwin-thread-multi-2level
/Network/Library/Perl/5.8.8
/Network/Library/Perl
/System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.8.8/darwin-thread-multi-2level
/System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.8.8
/Library/Perl/5.8.6
/Library/Perl/5.8.1

Funnily enough, the MacPorts-related Perl path is not listed.

Could someone let me know what I am doing wrong? Where do I have to
define the perl path?

Should I define it in /Library/Perl/5.8.8/AppendToPath?

Another question I have is, if someone could verify that
/Library/Perl/5.8.6
/Library/Perl/5.8.1
are listed per default in /Library/Perl/5.8.8/AppendToPath?
The reason why I ask is that I moved from Fink to MacPorts, and I
wonder if those paths are left-overs from Fink.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards
Stephan Jaeger