MacPorts & perl path

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Tue Apr 8 15:41:37 PDT 2008

On Apr 8, 2008, at 5:53 PM, Stephan Jaeger wrote:
> I just installed  via macports the ports apache2, mysql5, php5 and
> perl5.8.8 on my computer.
> The reason for doing so is to set up a local development server for
> my MovableType development.
>
> When I run a check (mt-check.cgi) in order to see which perl modules
> I have to install, the module DBD::mysql is listed as "not
> installed", although I installed it explicitly.

The moveabletype scripts all unfortunately have #!/usr/bin/perl at the
top, so they run the system perl instead of the macports perl.

You can either change them all to #!/opt/local/bin/perl (or whatever
your macports ${prefix} is set to) or #!/usr/bin/env perl (and then
set up the script environment so that the macports perl is first in
the path search).

--
Daniel J. Luke