Installer fails but claim to succeed

Rasmus Mackeprang Rasmus.Mackeprang at cern.ch
Wed Apr 9 02:30:21 PDT 2008

Hi there

I am a new mac user (Linux -> Mac). I run OS-X 10.5.2. When installing macports the promised .profile does not show up in my home dir. Furthermore, when trying to uninstall as per the instructions (http://guide.macports.org/#installing.uninstalling), the locations

/Applications/MacPorts/
and
/Library/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.*

do not exist.

Naively I would conjecture that the installer fails but claims to succeed. The machine is brand new with Xcode 3.0 and the two X11 packages in place. Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Rasmus Mackeprang

--
Research fellow
CERN PH-ADT, CH-1211, Geneve 23, Switzerland