Need help to install an updated application.

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Thu Apr 24 00:06:23 PDT 2008

Barny Sanchez wrote:
> I have tried and tried and failed in my attempts to do what I want.
> I want to install and run socat in Leopard (10.5.2).  The version that
> ports installed is 1.4.2, but it is broken in Leopard.
>
> As per the link
> http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/13733 I should
> update to socat version 1.6.0.1 and disable termios in Leopard.

Actually, updating to 1.6.0.1 is not necessary or sufficient to fix the
problem. The issue is that socat isn't compatible with Leopard's
termios, and that's still the case in the newer version. I've just
committed a patch that turns off termios when building socat on Leopard,
which works around the problem.

- Josh