[KDE/Mac] kde4.1 MacPorts available

Martin Krischik krischik at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Aug 1 11:38:26 PDT 2008

Am 01.08.2008 um 09:11 schrieb Scot Ballard:

> Just curious but is this the first none beta OSX native kde that
> doesn't require X11 ?

Well, KDE 4 on any platform is more or less still beta quality. But
KDE/Mac does not need X11 any more and all (user) applications are
bundles. However - some 50% of the bundles come without on icon.

What I consider a good thing is that the KDE/Mac team has switched to
MacPorts for there packaging needs - I hope that gives better
integration and a quicker release cycle as anybody can whip up a
package using "port mpkg" or "port mdmg".

Regards

Martin