how to resume a interrupted install

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Aug 1 17:32:03 PDT 2008

On Aug 1, 2008, at 16:33, kpg wrote:

> Martin Krischik wrote:
>
>> I always just use:
>>
>> sudo port install whateverpackage
>>
>> and MacPort continues (almost) where it left of.
>
> that does not work for me:
>
> sudo port install texlive
> Password:
> --->  Staging texlive_texmf-full into destroot
> Error: Target org.macports.destroot returned: error copying
> "/opt/local/var/macports/build/
> _opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_tex_t
> exlive_texmf-full/work/texlive_texmf-full-2007g0/texmf"
> "/opt/local/var/macports/build/
> _opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_tex_t
> exlive_texmf-full/work/destroot/opt/local/share/texmf":
> file already exists
> Error: The following dependencies failed to build: texlive_texmf-full
>

> As I am new to macports i do not want to mess up everything. The
> only option
> now is to remove macports (texlive wont uninstall -f) which will
> take looong
> on my old Mac.

Sure, texlive won't uninstall because it is not yet installed.
MacPorts hasn't even begun to deal with the texlive port yet. It's
still dealing with texlive's dependencies and is stuck at the staging
phase of the texlive_texmf-full port.

"sudo port -f install texlive_texmf-full" might work. But I would
"sudo port clean --work texlive_texmf-full" and then "sudo port
install texlive" again.