texinfo configuration error

Normen Mueller normen.mueller at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 4 17:55:41 PDT 2008

Dear macport users,

     I have a fresh installation of macports and currently I am trying
to install texinfo, but the configuration fails:

brain:~ root# port install texinfo
--->  Configuring texinfo
Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: configure failure:
shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/
_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync
.macports.org_release_ports_textproc_texinfo/work/texinfo-4.12" && ./
configure --prefix=/opt/local " returned error 1
Command output: sh: line 0: cd: /opt/local/var/macports/build/
_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync
.macports.org_release_ports_textproc_texinfo/work/texinfo-4.12: No
such file or directory

brain:~ root#

Any suggestions what else I could do?  Actually I am trying to install
aspell, but this one depends on texinfo.

Thanks for your help in advance,
Cheers,
   /nm