Best way to install PHP ImageMagick wrapper?

Michael J. I. Jackson mjijackson at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 22:19:37 PDT 2008

I'm looking for the best way to install the imagick (PECL package) PHP
wrapper for ImageMagick on a MacPorts PHP install. Since there is
currently no port for the package, I'm assuming the best way to do
this would be to install PHP with the pear variant, therefore
installing the pecl package manager as well. Then, I could use PECL to
install imagick.

Is there someone on this list who has had experience with this or can
offer any advice?