Tk Aqua variant gone?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Aug 17 14:34:33 PDT 2008

On Aug 16, 2008, at 13:09, Denis Bueno wrote:

> I used (and loved) the Tk aqua variant until very recently, when I
> upgraded to Tk 8.5.  I have scoured the mailing list and the bug
> tracker, but I can't find any reference to why the variant is gone.
> Perhaps it was superseded somewhere?  Has it been moved to a different
> port?

The aqua variant was apparently removed from the tk port when it was
updated from 8.4.16 to 8.5.0. A new quartz variant was added which
contains the same --enable-aqua configure argument that the aqua
variant had, but the quartz variant was commented out, meaning it
cannot be used. The quartz variant remains commented out to this day.
Perhaps it doesn't work right.

http://trac.macports.org/changeset/32235

Markus, can you explain what the issues are here?