glib2

Joseph W. Losco joelosco at frontiernet.net
Thu Aug 21 08:20:47 PDT 2008

I'm trying to get glib2 in and I'm running into some issues.
First background info
OSX 10.5.4
Macports version 1.6

I'm using port install glib2
and I get this error during the configure.  I've tried downloading and
installing gcc43 and then used gcc_select to choose mp-gcc43.  If I do
gcc -v I get what I believe to be gcc43 from macports (as it shows
version 4.3.1.  I checked into the config.log from glib2 and I think
its showing that its still using gcc 4.0.1 from apple.  Is there
anything else I need to do besides the gcc_select?  or is it not
really related to that what so ever?

Thanks for any and all help:

--->  Fetching glib2
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for glib2
--->  Extracting glib2
--->  Applying patches to glib2
--->  Configuring glib2
Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: configure failure:
shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/
_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync
.macports.org_release_ports_devel_glib2/work/glib-2.16.5" && ./
configure --prefix=/opt/local --enable-static --mandir=/opt/local/
share/man " returned error 1
Command output: checking for extra flags to get ANSI library
prototypes...
configure: WARNING: No ANSI prototypes found in library. (-std1 didn't
work.)
checking for extra flags for POSIX compliance... none needed
checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) no
checking for vprintf... yes
checking for _doprnt... no
checking for stdlib.h... (cached) yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for getpagesize... yes
checking for working mmap... no
checking for working alloca.h... yes
checking for alloca... yes
checking for posix_memalign... no
checking for memalign... no
checking for valloc... yes
checking for atexit... yes
checking for on_exit... no
checking for timegm... yes
checking for gmtime_r... yes
checking size of char... 0
checking size of short... 0
checking size of long... 0
checking size of int... 0
checking size of void *... 0
checking size of long long... 0
checking size of __int64... 0
configure: error:
*** GLib requires a 64 bit type. You might want to consider
*** using the GNU C compiler.

Joe Losco
joelosco at frontiernet.net