glib2

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Thu Aug 21 08:48:36 PDT 2008

Joseph W. Losco wrote:
> I'm using port install glib2
> and I get this error during the configure.  I've tried downloading and
> installing gcc43 and then used gcc_select to choose mp-gcc43.  If I do
> gcc -v I get what I believe to be gcc43 from macports (as it shows
> version 4.3.1.  I checked into the config.log from glib2 and I think
> its showing that its still using gcc 4.0.1 from apple.  Is there
> anything else I need to do besides the gcc_select?  or is it not
> really related to that what so ever?

MacPorts does not use the compiler selected by gcc_select, but decides
on its own which compiler to use. By default, this is the one provided
by Xcode, gcc 4.0.

At the moment, there is no configuration variable for it. But it is
possible to overwrite it from the command line using
'configure.compiler'. But usually this is not necessary.

> --->  Fetching glib2
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for glib2
> --->  Extracting glib2
> --->  Applying patches to glib2
> --->  Configuring glib2
> Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: configure failure:
> shell command " cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/
> _opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync
> .macports.org_release_ports_devel_glib2/work/glib-2.16.5" && ./
> configure --prefix=/opt/local --enable-static --mandir=/opt/local/
> share/man " returned error 1
> Command output: checking for extra flags to get ANSI library
> prototypes...
> configure: WARNING: No ANSI prototypes found in library. (-std1 didn't
> work.)
> checking for extra flags for POSIX compliance... none needed
> checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) no

It looks like files are missing from /usr/include/. Please reinstall
Xcode 3.1 and make sure to include the 'UNIX Development Support'.

Rainer