Wine refuses to install Fontforge Errors

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Aug 21 14:13:05 PDT 2008

On Aug 21, 2008, at 12:59, Andrew Carlberg wrote:

> Hey guys I'm trying to install wine through macports but I can't
> get it
> to work a few dependcies won't build I can't figure out how to fix it.
>
> here's the output from the wine install (it includes the output from
> fontforge showing the errors):
>
>  sudo port install wine
> --->  Fetching fontforge
> --->  Verifying checksum(s) for fontforge
> --->  Extracting fontforge
> --->  Applying patches to fontforge
> --->  Configuring fontforge
> --->  Building fontforge with target all

[snip]

> In file included from effects.c:29:
> ../inc/gkeysym.h:5:24: error: X11/keysym.h: No such file or directory

Ok, so fontforge can't find X11/keysym.h.

keysym.h exists on my Tiger system in /usr/X11R6/include/X11 and on
my Leopard system in /usr/X11/include/X11. Does it exist on your
system? If not, I suspect you are missing the X11 SDK. Check /Library/
Receipts. If you're missing the X11 SDK, install it from the Xcode
installer.