Tk Port Question

Adam Dershowitz Ph.D., P.E. dersh at alum.mit.edu
Wed Dec 3 08:37:56 PST 2008

I have Tk 8.5.5 installed.  I am trying to run an application (GRASS)
and the new version (6.4 is the development version that will be
released soon) requires the "Aqua framework" Tk, according to what I
have learned.
I tried rebuilding Tk with +quartz.  But the binary application that I
am trying to use is not finding the correct libraries, because it is
looking for frameworks.  The person who does the binaries suggested
that I install the ActiveTcl distribution, but that seems silly, given
that I already have the MacPorts TclTk installed.
So, I am wondering if there is any way to make this installation
work?  Is there something that can be done with Tk to have it also
build frameworks?  There is a "--enable-frameworks" flag as part of
TclTk, but I am not sure if that will work within MacPorts.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

--Adam