Hurrah for emacs-app

joseph davison jwdavison at me.com
Sat Dec 6 17:04:24 PST 2008

Just moved from Tiger to Leopard on my MacBookPro.   Did an erase and
install and then tried moving some things back from my backup.

I must have missed something with my emacs-app, because it would start
& disappear.   I think I set it up to share the lisp files with
another version but hadn't saved the other version, probably.

Thought I'd need to relearn how to build it, and that wasn't working
well.

Luckily for me, I remembered it was now built from the standard files
and thought I'd seen something about it being available with MacPorts...

Imagine my satisfaction to find it was as simple as port install emacs-
app!

Great job, y'all!   I got my productivity back!

joe