Install or use problem: no .profile created

Joachim Oosnaabryg osna at ginko.de
Wed Dec 10 09:22:42 PST 2008

Am 10.12.2008 um 16:55 schrieb Joshua Root:
> /Library/Tcl/macports1.0 should definitely be present and non-empty if
> you installed the current version from the .dmg.

This _is_ the case on my HD, indeed.

> true that no single version of MacPorts/DarwinPorts will install in
> all
> of the places given in the uninstall instructions.

OK, but neither =>/Applications/DarwinPorts \
nor 			=>/Applications/MacPorts \
are there (I forgot to mention that in the last message)!

To give full information, ls -a in /Library/Tcl/macports1.0 gives:

.                       	macports_autoconf.tcl   	macports_util.tcl
..                     		macports_dlist.tcl     	   	pkgIndex.tcl
MacPorts.dylib          macports_fastload.tcl
macports.tcl          	macports_index.tcl

Together not more than 192 kB,
and the MacPorts-1.6.0-10.4-Tiger.dmg in my download directory has
580 kB, the installer package MacPorts-1.6.0-10.4-Tiger.dmg therein
620 kB, and it's content is:

.               Archive.bom     Info.plist      Resources
..              Archive.pax.gz  PkgInfo

But I didn't find any file ».profile« on my HD..

Before downloading and installing MacPorts I updated my X11
installation as recommanded, from the Apple Webside.

"On Mac OS X 10.4, look for files X11User.pkg & X11SDK.pkg in /
Library/Receipts/", ==> TRUE

"To verify the presence of both, check for files
com.apple.pkg.X11User.bom & com.apple.pkg.X11SDKLeo.bom in /Library/
Receipts/boms/"
==> FALSE, no /boms there.

Many thanks, Joshua, for your endeavor! Should I suppy other
information?

Goutgaun! joachim
--
MacTeXLive 2008 - TeXShop 2.18-svn - LyX 1.6
MacBook Pro OSX 10.4.11 Tiger