Follow on to earlier installation question--now trying to install jam

Stephen Wiggins s.wiggins at bristol.ac.uk
Wed Dec 10 12:12:45 PST 2008

Thanks to everyone that answered my earlier question

>> My installation failed with the following message:
>>
>> The following install step failed: run postflight script for
>> MacPorts-1.6.0. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.
>>

>> I would be grateful for any help.

A colleague gave me a simpler solution. He said he had the same
problem, and it was because we were behind a firewall. He installed it
from home with no problem. The same worked for me.

Now my main motivation  was to install jam.

However, on following the instructions for installation below.

I find that there are no directories /portslocation/dports/jam

I am new at this, but I am clearly missing something. The implication
from the  web page is that those directories should be there. Should I
just create them and proceed?

Thanks,
Steve

Once Darwin Ports has been installed, in a terminal window and while
online, type the following and hit return:

%  cd /opt/local/bin/portslocation/dports/jam
%  sudo port install jam
Password: