Follow on to earlier installation question--now trying to install jam

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Wed Dec 10 12:20:38 PST 2008

On Dec 10, 2008, at 3:12 PM, Stephen Wiggins wrote:
> Once Darwin Ports has been installed, in a terminal window and while
> online, type the following and hit return:
> % cd /opt/local/bin/portslocation/dports/jam
>
> %  sudo port install jam
> Password:

These instructions appear to come from the website that must not be
named (its existence is one of the reasons why the name was changed to
MacPorts).

You probably need to run

sudo port selfupdate

followed by

sudo port install jam

Although if your firewall blocks your connection to the MacPorts rsync
server, this will not work, and you'll need to refer to our FAQ:

http://trac.macports.org/wiki/FAQ#WhatdoIdoifportselfupdatedoesntworkortheRsyncserverrefusesconnections

--
Daniel J. Luke