Distfiles mirror behind proxy

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Dec 11 22:05:16 PST 2008

On Dec 11, 2008, at 12:25, Joshua Root wrote:

> Max Asato wrote:
>
>>    abk239$ port variants glib2
>>    glib2 has the variants:
>>            universal
>>            puredarwin
>>            darwin
>>            powerpc
>>            darwin_6
>>            darwin_7
>>            darwin_8
>>            darwin_9
>
>>    imac2$ port variants glib2
>>    glib2 has the variants:
>>            universal
>>            puredarwin
>>            darwin
>>            powerpc
>>            darwin_6
>>            darwin_9
>
> Looks like you don't have the same Portfile on both machines. Have you
> synced them both lately? What does 'port info glib2' say on each? I
> suspect you'll find that they have a different version/revision.

I added the darwin_8 (and darwin_7) sections to the glib2 Portfile in
r42796 on November 30, 2008, because without them, the port would not
compile on MacPorts 1.6.0. I had not noticed this before because I
usually run MacPorts from trunk. I did not increase the version or
revision of the port because either the port had already built
successfully for you (because you were running MacPorts from trunk;
no need to force you to rebuild) or else the port did not build for
you (because you were running MacPorts 1.6.0; after this change, now
it will build for you).

So as Joshua said, you need to "sudo port sync" on both machines to
get the same ports trees.