Distfiles mirror behind proxy

Max Asato asato at cae1.aero.org
Mon Dec 15 10:15:06 PST 2008

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 12:05:16AM -0600, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Dec 11, 2008, at 12:25, Joshua Root wrote:
>
> >Looks like you don't have the same Portfile on both machines. Have you
> >synced them both lately? What does 'port info glib2' say on each? I
> >suspect you'll find that they have a different version/revision.
>
> I added the darwin_8 (and darwin_7) sections to the glib2 Portfile in
> r42796 on November 30, 2008, because without them, the port would not
> compile on MacPorts 1.6.0. I had not noticed this before because I
> usually run MacPorts from trunk. I did not increase the version or
> revision of the port because either the port had already built
> successfully for you (because you were running MacPorts from trunk;
> no need to force you to rebuild) or else the port did not build for
> you (because you were running MacPorts 1.6.0; after this change, now
> it will build for you).
>
> So as Joshua said, you need to "sudo port sync" on both machines to
> get the same ports trees.

Sorry about the delay in responding... long weekend for me.

You were right about the portfile.  I did the installs a day or two
apart.  The binary installations worked after doing a "port sync".

I suppose that this does leave the door open for a shared repository
of binary archives but I don't think that I can get away with a world
writable shared directory.  Are there any features in 1.7 that would
permit a read-only archive directory?

-Max