Install or use problem: no .profile created

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Dec 11 22:09:41 PST 2008

On Dec 11, 2008, at 05:21, Joachim Oosnaabryg wrote:

> @Ryan Schmidt: OK, I appreciate the effort. But at my advice the
> bug in the MacPorts.dmg/pgk 1.6
> should be made clear at the install-page: http://www.macports.org/
> install.php
>
> Or at least as a warning at
> http://guide.macports.org/#installing.shell
>
> with a link to http://trac.macports.org/wiki/
> ProblemHotlist#a.profilenotsetup
>
> to prevent people like mi to make useless trials :-(

I would not be opposed to a link on the install pages pointing to the
FAQ, ProblemHotlist and LeopardProblems wiki pages, advising people
to check there before reporting problems. I would not want to point
to specific issues from the install page though.

It would also be nice if we didn't have effectively three FAQ pages...