connection errors when macports libs are used with Tiger X11 headers

MAS! urkapd at libero.it
Sat Dec 13 01:49:58 PST 2008

I had the same troubles:

> I fixed a big chunk of this yesterday, so resync and:
> sudo port -v -f uninstall xrender cairo pango gtk2
> sudo port -v install gtk2

I did it but it doesn't work:
(for example)

bart:~ mas$ pidgin
XIO:  fatal IO error 9 (Bad file descriptor) on X server ":0.0"
       after 7 requests (6 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

> Does it work now?  If not, does 'gtk-demo' work?

yes, gtk-demo works.

and I'm trying to install the new gtk release (2.14.5) but ...

(...)
/bin/sh: line 1: gtkdoc-rebase: command not found
:(

any help?
thank you in advance

marco