change gcc version ?

Chris Jones christopher.rob.jones at cern.ch
Sun Dec 14 05:08:33 PST 2008

Hi,

On 13 Dec

> OK, I'm currently rebuilding with gcc 4.2 so I'll see what happens.
> I'll post a ticket when that is done.

Building with gcc 4.2 worked for me. Ticket available here.

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/17643

btw., I noticed a few other problems when trying to build kdelibs with
the dependencies. Being new to macports I'm not sure if they should be
considered bugs or features

1. kdelibs4 depends on qt4-mac. However, the default installation of
qt4-mac does not include SSL support, which kdelibs4 requires. If you
allow the installation of kdelibs4 to trigger the default installation
of qt4-mac, then kdelibs4 fails to configure complaining about the
lack of ssl support in qt4. I had to go back and install qt4-mac again
by hand with the +ssl variant ?

2. various deps seem to be missing. kdelibs4 does not have deps on
pcre or shared-mime-info, but without either of these being installed
kdelibs4 fails to configure.

Are problems like this bugs and should I also submit tickets for cases
like this (I am starting to try and build other kde4 packages and
seeing similar things...

Chris