smaller version of Gnucash

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Dec 23 13:08:12 PST 2008

On Dec 23, 2008, at 03:12, Neil wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 12:16 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> In any case, the documentation is
>> in a separate port, gnucash-docs, so if you want the docs, you
>> install that
>> port; if you don't, you don't.
>
> Why would you keep the docs separate from the app?
> Seems like it would increase the risk of a mistake by both the user
> and the maintainer...

What kind of mistake are you thinking of? I like the idea of having
docs in a separate port a lot, if the docs are big -- better than
having a +doc / +docs variant in the main port, for example, because
if you "sudo port install something" and then later realize you
needed the docs, it's more of a pain to "sudo port -f uninstall
something && sudo port install something +docs" than it is to just
"sudo port install something-docs". If the docs are small, though,
then I'm in favor of the main port always installing them; see e.g.
freetype where I recently nuked the +doc variant:

http://trac.macports.org/changeset/42509