libtool woes

Anders F Björklund afb at macports.org
Sun Feb 3 01:32:49 PST 2008

paul beard wrote:

> Looks like I have some problem with libtool.
> libIDL and Apache2 both fail to upgrade.
> libtool: compile: unable to infer tagged configuration
> libtool: compile: specify a tag with `--tag'

This problem is since the change to "/usr/bin/gcc-4.0" for CC.
Switching compiler back to "gcc" (or "gcc-4.0") makes it work.

Something like: port build configure.cc=gcc configure.cxx=g++

We also have some ports that break when using ccache(*), those
can be made to work by using configure.ccache=no when building.

* http://ccache.samba.org/

--anders