libtool woes

David Epstein David.Epstein at warwick.ac.uk
Sun Feb 3 13:24:40 PST 2008

Ryan Schmidt-24 wrote:

> "unable to infer tagged configuration" when trying to build apache2
> is already filed:
> http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/13653
> ...[snip]...
> Both tickets include lots of discussion. The apache2 ticket includes
> patches which someone said worked.
> Neither maintainer has responded to the tickets. Looks like it's time
> for someone else to commit the fixes. Probably not me, since I'm not
> experiencing the issue.

As an inexperienced MacPorter, I would like advice on what to do, in view of
my need for apache2.
Possible strategies:
1) Wait for someone to put the advertised patches into the official macport
distribution.
2) Install the advertised patches. (Are there instructions somewhere for how
to do this?)
3) Try rebuilding libtool. (But won't port object to deleting libtool
because other packages depend on it?)

Pointer to relevant online advice??
David