libtool woes

paul beard paulbeard at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 13:33:18 PST 2008

On Feb 3, 2008 1:24 PM, David Epstein <David.Epstein at warwick.ac.uk> wrote:

> Ryan Schmidt-24 wrote:
> >
> > "unable to infer tagged configuration" when trying to build apache2
> > is already filed:
> > http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/13653
> > ...[snip]...
> > Both tickets include lots of discussion. The apache2 ticket includes
> > patches which someone said worked.
> > Neither maintainer has responded to the tickets. Looks like it's time
> > for someone else to commit the fixes. Probably not me, since I'm not
> > experiencing the issue.
> >

> As an inexperienced MacPorter, I would like advice on what to do, in view
> of
> my need for apache2.
> Possible strategies:
> 1) Wait for someone to put the advertised patches into the official
> macport
> distribution.
> 2) Install the advertised patches. (Are there instructions somewhere for
> how
> to do this?)
> 3) Try rebuilding libtool. (But won't port object to deleting libtool
> because other packages depend on it?)

I am trying this regime: sudo port -f uninstall libtool
sudo port -f uninstall apr
sudo port install libtool
sudo port install apr
sudo port clean apache2
sudo port upgrade apache2

port -f overrides any complaints (on your #3 above).

if peter o'gorman's diagnosis above is correct, how can this be fixed in a
more systematic manner?
--
Paul Beard / www.paulbeard.org/
<paulbeard at gmail.com/paulbeard at gmail.com>