Emacs and Leopard problems continue

Jordan K. Hubbard jkh at apple.com
Mon Feb 4 11:18:45 PST 2008

On Feb 4, 2008, at 5:46 AM, Rob MacLeod wrote:

> I was not able to get the Leopard shipped version of emacs to fire
> up an X window.    All it would do was drive the terminal window (or
> X11 xterm) from which I launched it.  This is not acceptable, of
> course.

The leopard shipped emacs is linked with Carbon.  You don't NEED X for
that version if you use the app wrapper I sent out - it supports the
NATIVE window system.

And if you prefer X11 to the native window system, well, it's just
possible that you might be happier installing Linux or *BSD on your
machine.

- Jordan