Is HFS really "scary"?

Jordan K. Hubbard jkh at apple.com
Tue Feb 5 20:32:40 PST 2008

*sigh*

If Linus Torvalds had said that HFS ate babies and eroded the moral
fiber of the nation's youth, would you still be asking this question?
Probably not, since that would be clearly recognizable hyperbole.
Him saying it's "complete and utter crap" without any supporting
evidence or even any specifics, however, evidently merits some sort of
serious response, does it? :-)

Perhaps you should ask your boss whether he follows all the successful
deployments (both enterprise and otherwise) of XServes or if he
follows the random pronouncements of someone who had nothing to do
with the development of MacOSX, does not use it, and in fact is
seriously biased against anything but the OS he *did* create.  Hardly
the most objective opinion.

- Jordan