Is HFS really "scary"?

David Corking lists at dcorking.com
Wed Feb 6 05:17:37 PST 2008

He is known for exaggeration.  He once called all C++ programmers
unspeakable names on a mailing list.

However if you like his designs, there is an ext2 fs driver for Mac OS X!

I personally am I bit frustrated with HFS+, as I experienced
first-hand the limits of its fsck utility (*).   But I am no
filesystem expert, and my one anecdote would not be enough to justify
a 'crappy' label.

> if people seriously ask you to consider linux, ask them which one and why that one and not the others.

They could ask you why you prefer macports over fink or even FreeBSD.
Be ready to answer!

Best, David

(*) Rumour has it that purchasing a Disk Warrior license would get me
a superior tool.  I did not try that.