gnucash won't build with guile16 and won't run with guile (1.8)

Jeffrey Goldberg jeffrey at goldmark.org
Thu Feb 7 06:04:35 PST 2008

When I get a chance later today, I'll submit a proper bug report, but
I wanted to know if anyone has gnucash from macports running.

To briefly summarize, when I install guile and slib-guile and build
gnucash with

    -guile16 +without_docs

gnucash builds fine, but fails on start-up with a scheme error.

When I install guile16 and slib-guile16 and try to build gnucash with

   +guile16 +without_docs

The gnucash build fails during configure, saying that it can't find
the guile libraries and headers.

I'll post details of the actual error once I've gathered all of that.
But I'm hoping that someone will recognize this from the incomplete
description I've given and point me to some work-around.

(My work-around at the moment is to run gnucash on another machine.)

-j