macports installation vs 10.5.1/Xcode 3.0?

James Berry jberry at macports.org
Thu Feb 7 10:27:19 PST 2008

On Feb 7, 2008, at 9:28 AM, Anders F Björklund wrote:

> Rainer Müller wrote:
>
>> Paths in /etc/manpaths.d and /etc/paths.d are always added at the
>> end of   MANPATH and PATH. Therefore, installs by MacPorts will not
>> override the default Mac OS X installation. As it is not possible
>> to prepend new paths, this option is rather useless for us.
>
> I think so too.
>
> Yet, it is hardcoded in the configure/install for "base"...
> http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/changeset/31491

Hi Anders,

Whoops. I didn't remember that code was still present. Disabled in
r33926 pending any further feedback.

I guess a positive to the code is that it does for Leopard provide
enable at least minimal MacPorts usage if PATH isn't set, and also
gets MANPATH set, which unfortunately doesn't happen by default on
Leopard.

James