macports installation vs 10.5.1/Xcode 3.0?

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Thu Feb 7 10:32:33 PST 2008

James Berry wrote:
> I guess a positive to the code is that it does for Leopard provide
> enable at least minimal MacPorts usage if PATH isn't set, and also
> gets MANPATH set, which unfortunately doesn't happen by default on
> Leopard.

So users will keep it that way and install additional software from
MacPorts which will work fine. But if they install for example a new
ruby from MacPorts, we will have to deal with questions why typing
"ruby" does not bring up the new version...

We should update the guide with information about how to set MANPATH in
.profile/.bash_profile.

Rainer