tiff: GL/gl.h: No such file or directory (was: Re: Install Lablgtk 2.10 using MacPorts)

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Feb 16 18:21:12 PST 2008

On Feb 16, 2008, at 08:55, AngelaZhu wrote:

>>> In file included from tiffgt.c:36:
>>> /opt/local/include/GLUT/glut.h:58:19: error: GL/gl.h: No such
>>> file or
>>> directory
>>> /opt/local/include/GLUT/glut.h:59:20: error: GL/glu.h: No such
>>> file or
>>> directory
>>
>> [snip]
>>
>> So tiff can't find the OpenGL headers. I do have /usr/X11R6/include/
>> GL/gl.h on my system. Do you? That would have been provided by either
>> X11User (part of Mac OS X) or X11SDK (part of Xcode). Do you have
>> both installed?
>
> Thanks, I have fixed this problem and now "gdk-pixbuf" is successfully
> upgraded.

How did you fix the problem?

> However, when I install lablgtk2, I still get the following error:

[snip]

> checking for GNOME_TEST... configure: error: Package requirements (
> gdk-pixbuf-2.0 >= 2.11.5) were not met:
>
> Requested 'gdk-pixbuf-2.0 >= 2.11.5' but version of GdkPixbuf is
> 2.10.13

Curious that it says the version of GdkPixbuf is 2.10.13, since the
version of the gtk-pixbuf port is 0.22, and that is the latest
version of gtk-pixbuf available, from over 5 years ago:

http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gdk-pixbuf/

I am able to find documentation about newer versions of GdkPixbuf,
but I don't know where to download them:

http://library.gnome.org/devel/gdk-pixbuf/

Perhaps gtk-pixbuf is now part of some other part of gnome, and it's
finding that on your system? Looking at the entire dependency tree of
lablgtk2, gtk-pixbuf does not seem to be listed.

Wait, I think I got it: I have /opt/local/lib/
libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.0.1200.4.dylib on my system and it's provided by
the gtk2 port. I have gtk2 2.12.4 installed. What version do you have
installed?