tiff: GL/gl.h: No such file or directory (was: Re: Install Lablgtk 2.10 using MacPorts)

AngelaZhu angela22.zhu at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 19:52:43 PST 2008

Ryan Schmidt-24 wrote:

>> Thanks, I have fixed this problem and now "gdk-pixbuf" is successfully
>> upgraded.
>
> How did you fix the problem?

Well, I simply change the mode of files to "rw"
and change every #include <GL/glut.h> to its full path.
#include </usr/X11R6/include/GL/glut.h>
And then "port upgrade gdk-pixbuf" work correctly.

Ryan Schmidt-24 wrote:

>> However, when I install lablgtk2, I still get the following error:
>
> [snip]
>
>> checking for GNOME_TEST... configure: error: Package requirements (
>> gdk-pixbuf-2.0 >= 2.11.5) were not met:
>>
>> Requested 'gdk-pixbuf-2.0 >= 2.11.5' but version of GdkPixbuf is
>> 2.10.13
>
> Curious that it says the version of GdkPixbuf is 2.10.13, since the
> version of the gtk-pixbuf port is 0.22, and that is the latest
> version of gtk-pixbuf available, from over 5 years ago:
>
> http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/sources/gdk-pixbuf/
>
> I am able to find documentation about newer versions of GdkPixbuf,
> but I don't know where to download them:
>
> http://library.gnome.org/devel/gdk-pixbuf/

This is weird.

Ryan Schmidt-24 wrote:

> Perhaps gtk-pixbuf is now part of some other part of gnome, and it's
> finding that on your system? Looking at the entire dependency tree of
> lablgtk2, gtk-pixbuf does not seem to be listed.
>
> Wait, I think I got it: I have /opt/local/lib/
> libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.0.1200.4.dylib on my system and it's provided by
> the gtk2 port. I have gtk2 2.12.4 installed. What version do you have
> installed?

I think I have the same version:
$ port info gtk2
gtk2 2.12.4, x11/gtk2 (Variants: universal, darwin_6, darwin_7, quartz, x11)

Ryan Schmidt-24 wrote:

In this case, what can I do to resolve the problem?

Many thanks,
Angela Zhu