tiff: GL/gl.h: No such file or directory (was: Re: Install Lablgtk 2.10 using MacPorts)

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Feb 16 19:59:17 PST 2008

On Feb 16, 2008, at 21:52, AngelaZhu wrote:

> Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>>> Thanks, I have fixed this problem and now "gdk-pixbuf" is
>>> successfully
>>> upgraded.
>>
>> How did you fix the problem?
>
> Well, I simply change the mode of files to "rw"
> and change every #include <GL/glut.h> to its full path.
> #include </usr/X11R6/include/GL/glut.h>
> And then "port upgrade gdk-pixbuf" work correctly.

That's probably a bad idea. It shouldn't be necessary to change these
files by hand.

I still don't know how that /opt/local/include/GLUT/glut.h got on
your system if it wasn't provided by a MacPorts port.

>> Perhaps gtk-pixbuf is now part of some other part of gnome, and it's
>> finding that on your system? Looking at the entire dependency tree of
>> lablgtk2, gtk-pixbuf does not seem to be listed.
>>
>> Wait, I think I got it: I have /opt/local/lib/
>> libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.0.1200.4.dylib on my system and it's provided by
>> the gtk2 port. I have gtk2 2.12.4 installed. What version do you have
>> installed?
>
> I think I have the same version:
> $ port info gtk2
> gtk2 2.12.4, x11/gtk2 (Variants: universal, darwin_6, darwin_7,
> quartz, x11)

"port info gtk2" just tells you that the currently-available version
of gtk2 is 2.12.4. It doesn't say anything about what version you
have installed. What does "port installed gtk2" say?