Macports On Pure Darwin

Jordan K. Hubbard jkh at apple.com
Sun Feb 17 13:01:10 PST 2008

Given that they haven't posted any updates to their site in over a
year, it's probably fair to say that it's mostly just a domain name at
this point.

This topic was, in any case, hashed out rather thoroughly back when
the project changed its name from DarwinPorts to MacPorts.   GIven the
plethora of projects already devoted to multi-platform ports
collections (portage, pkgsrc, etc) and the relative shortage of
contributors just on one platform (MacOSX), it was decided to focus on
providing the best possible experience for MacOSX, anything else being
considered a distraction.

- Jordan