How to uninstall apache2 php5 mysql5 properly?

paul beard paulbeard at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 14:50:53 PST 2008

On Feb 18, 2008 6:06 AM, JC <picodon at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I installed Macports 1.6 (it wasn't easy for me!) and tried to install
> apache2 + php5 + mysql5 (I already had Apache 1.3 working with mysql5 and
> php5 but I wanted to give a try to the latest version)...

If you could, please document where you had problems. It shouldn't be hard
and if it is, it would be good to know what went wrong.

> I followed lots of tutorials and tried to configure everything (httpd.conf,
> php.ini) but I never managed to get my server working with PHP: it was
> always downloading my PHP file instead of displaying it (it was only
> phpinfo() in my file)!

This really seems pretty easy to fix.

can you share the parts of your httpd.conf where you specify php as a
filetype to execute?

grepping for php in my /opt/local/apache2/conf/httpd.conf file, I get:

114:LoadModule php5_module        modules/libphp5.so
228:    DirectoryIndex index.html index.php
384:AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

The line numbers should help you find the same places in yours.

> So now, I'm really thinking of uninstalling everything and use MAMP which
> seems much easier for a beginner like me.
> I know I can use the command [port uninstall] for each port but the
> problem is that it will uninstall only the specified ports (apache2, php5
> mysql5) and I'm not sure about the rest (dependencies)...
>
> How can I be sure to return to the state my Mac was before I started
> install ports through Macports?

If you want to remove all of MacPorts (don't be hasty now), if you installed
it in /opt/local (the default location) you can simply "rm -r /opt/local"
and all will be as it was. But let's see if you can get it fixed first. I
think you're pretty close to getting it working.

--
Paul Beard / www.paulbeard.org/
<paulbeard at gmail.com/paulbeard at gmail.com>