How to uninstall apache2 php5 mysql5 properly?

JC picodon at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 06:06:59 PST 2008

Hello,

I installed Macports 1.6 (it wasn't easy for me!) and tried to install
apache2 + php5 + mysql5 (I already had Apache 1.3 working with mysql5 and
php5 but I wanted to give a try to the latest version)...
I followed lots of tutorials and tried to configure everything (httpd.conf,
php.ini) but I never managed to get my server working with PHP: it was
always downloading my PHP file instead of displaying it (it was only
phpinfo() in my file)!

So now, I'm really thinking of uninstalling everything and use MAMP which
seems much easier for a beginner like me.
I know I can use the command [port uninstall] for each port but the problem
is that it will uninstall only the specified ports (apache2, php5 mysql5)
and I'm not sure about the rest (dependencies)...

How can I be sure to return to the state my Mac was before I started install
ports through Macports?

Thank you for your help!
JC