unpleasant surprises: no ports are installed

paul beard paulbeard at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 09:25:41 PST 2008

Something has come undone in my efforts to get the MAMP stack re-installed.

[/opt/local/var/macports/receipts]# port installed | more
Error: port installed failed: Registry error: php5 @
5.2.5_1+apache2+darwin_8+macosx+mysql5 not registered as installed.
No ports are installed.

This looks worse than it is. It looked like a couple of malformed receipts
in php5 (5.2.5_1+apache2+darwin_8+macosx+mysql5, 5.2.5_1+apache2+macosx) had
blocked things up. Once I removed them, the list of installed ports is
available.

Seems to me that either bad receipts (which I think is actually a case of a
malformed installation/wrong variants) should not be written (the port
request would exit before doing anything wrong) or the parsing process would
ignore them rather than bombing out.

The bits are all installed: it's now just a matter of getting them
recognized by the infrastructure.
--
Paul Beard / www.paulbeard.org/
<paulbeard at gmail.com/paulbeard at gmail.com>