MacPorts caching of distfiles [was Re: ntfs-3g 1.1120 source missing]

William Siegrist wsiegrist at apple.com
Fri Feb 22 16:49:24 PST 2008

I already made the offer to portmgr a while back, so they know.  I
think there needs to be some added API to macports in order to make
the engineering a little cleaner server-side, but there hasnt been
much discussion yet.  So if anyone wants to take the lead on behalf of
MacPorts, I'll help/support whatever we come up with for accomplishing
the mirroring.

-Bill