MacPorts caching of distfiles [was Re: ntfs-3g 1.1120 source missing]

Jordan K. Hubbard jkh at apple.com
Sat Feb 23 10:22:05 PST 2008

On Feb 22, 2008, at 11:51 PM, Anders F Björklund wrote:

> Before fetching all the files, it would probably nice to fix the
> timestamps so that they correctly reflect the upstream distfile ?

I guess I'm missing something.  Why is this important?   Distfiles are
essentially opaque to the MacPorts user, so what would be the point of
going to extra trouble to sync a timestamp from some remote server
(which might not even have the correct time - I've seen some pretty
wacky timestamps out there on the net)?

- Jordan