try to install mysql5 + php5 + apache2

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Feb 23 15:58:45 PST 2008

On Feb 23, 2008, at 17:51, Jean-Luc BERTé wrote:

> Le 23 févr. 08 à 19:21, Ryan Schmidt a écrit :

>>> oki i have done :
>>> sudo port -f activate readline
>>> sudo port install php5 +postgresql +pear +apache2 +mysql5
>>>
>>> and i have :
>>> --->  Building sqlite3 with target all
>>> Error: Target org.macports.build returned: shell command " cd "/
>>> opt/local/var/macports/build/
>>> _opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_dat
>>> abases_sqlite3/work/sqlite-3.5.6" && gnumake all " returned error 2
>>> Command output: ./libtool --mode=link /usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -O2 -I. -
>>> I./src -DNDEBUG   -DSQLITE_THREADSAFE=1 -
>>> DSQLITE_THREAD_OVERRIDE_LOCK=-1 -DSQLITE_OMIT_LOAD_EXTENSION=1 -L/
>>> opt/local/lib -DHAVE_READLINE=1 -I/opt/local/include -lpthread  \
>>>         -o sqlite3 ./src/shell.c libsqlite3.la \
>>>         -L/opt/local/lib -lreadline -lm
>>> /usr/bin/gcc-4.0 -O2 -I. -I./src -DNDEBUG -DSQLITE_THREADSAFE=1 -
>>> DSQLITE_THREAD_OVERRIDE_LOCK=-1 -DSQLITE_OMIT_LOAD_EXTENSION=1 -
>>> DHAVE_READLINE=1 -I/opt/local/include -o .libs/sqlite3 ./src/
>>> shell.c  -L/opt/local/lib ./.libs/libsqlite3.dylib -lpthread -
>>> lreadline -lm
>>> /usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
>>> _tgetent
>>> _tgetflag
>>> _tgetnum
>>> _tgetstr
>>> _tputs
>>> _tgoto
>>> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>>> gnumake: *** [sqlite3] Error 1
>>>
>>> Error: The following dependencies failed to build: apache2 apr-
>>> util sqlite3 pcre jpeg libmcrypt libpng libxml2 libxslt mhash
>>> postgresql82 bison m4 tiff
>>> Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.
>>
>> Based on this message...
>>
>> http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-users/2007-April/
>> 002604.html
>>
>> ...I believe readline is looking for those symbols in ncurses. But
>> why isn't it finding them? I don't know. The next message...
>>
>> http://lists.macosforge.org/pipermail/macports-users/2007-April/
>> 002605.html
>>
>> ...suggests rebuilding readline and ncurses. You could try that,
>> per the instructions in the message.
>>
>> Before you do that, make sure your ports are up to date with "sudo
>> port selfupdate"
>>
>> Another common cause of problems is libraries in /usr/local/lib.
>> Do you have anything in /usr/local? If so, move it out of the way
>> ("sudo mv /usr/local /usr/local-off") and try again.
>>

>> P.S: Please keep the discussion on the mailing list by using the
>>

>  Ok
> i try that ;
>

> sudo port selfupdate
>
> MacPorts base version 1.600 installed
>
> Downloaded MacPorts base version 1.600
>
> The MacPorts installation is not outdated and so was not updated
> selfupdate done!
>

> sudo port clean --all readline ncurses
> sudo port -f uninstall readline ncurses
> sudo port install ncurses readline
>

> Error: Target org.macports.activate returned: Image error: /opt/
> local/include/ncurses/curses.h already exists and does not belong
> to a registered port.  Unable to activate port ncurses.

Ok, so same problem as you initially had with readline: the files are
already there, but MacPorts doesn't know about them. I wonder how you
managed to get your MacPorts into this state. No matter. Just force
the activation again.

sudo port -f activate ncurses

Not sure how many other ports you're going to run into this problem
with, but if you do, just force the activation.