latest bash

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sun Feb 24 16:52:26 PST 2008

Peter Hindrichs wrote:
> Freedom:~ peterhin$ $BASH_VERSION
> -bash: 3.2.17(1)-release: command not found
> Freedom:~ peterhin$ bash --version
> GNU bash, version 3.2.17(1)-release (i386-apple-darwin9.0)

Seems like you are using bash from /bin/bash, that's the version that
ships with Leopard.

If you want to use the version of bash provided by MacPorts you would
either have to change your terminal application to open
/opt/local/bin/bash or set it as your login shell. Whereas the former is
the safer and easier solution in my opinion.

Rainer