perl variant to postgresql82 not working?

Tim Holahan tim.holahan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 18:18:33 PST 2008

Hi. I'm trying to install plperl along with postgres 8.2 on a MacBook
running Leopard by issuing the following command:

port install postgresql82 +perl

Everything seems to go smoothly (see the output below my signature).
However, after I create a database, attempts to CREATE LANGUAGE 'plperl'
(and 'plperlu') fail in psql with the message:

ERROR:  could not access file "$libdir/plperl": No such file or directory

The plperl.so and libperl.so files are nowhere to be found. The perl5.8 port
is installed.

I'd be grateful for any help with this.

Thanks,
Tim

-->  Fetching postgresql82
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for postgresql82
--->  Extracting postgresql82
--->  Configuring postgresql82
--->  Building postgresql82
--->  Staging postgresql82 into destroot
--->  Installing postgresql82 8.2.6_0+perl

To use the postgresql server, install the postgresql82-server port
--->  Activating postgresql82 8.2.6_0+perl