perl variant to postgresql82 not working?

Tim Holahan tim.holahan at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 18:58:53 PST 2008

My problem seems to be due to a 32-bit vs. 64-bit issue. I found this remark
in the readme the came with the precompiled pg82 binaries:

The PL/Perl and PL/Python languages have been dropped for now - they
currently don't build 64bit.

This led me to this page on the Apple site:
http://developer.apple.com/releasenotes/OpenSource/PerlExtensionsRelNotes/index.html

Sounds like I need to recompile my perl5.8 installation. Unfortunately, I
don't know enough about compiling for processor architectures to know what
to do.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Tim